Sunday, June 14, 2009

Super New Adventure

I have a new job. I know, I've been at the Chamber for a long time, but last Friday I turned in my notice. In July, I will be moving to US 51 Country to start a new career as a morning co-host of the Gary and Paige Show (or whatever we decide to call it) and in the afternoons I will be selling ads for the station. How freaking cool is that??
This is exciting and scary all at once. Taking a job where a good part of my income is going to be based on how much I sell is a little overwhelming, but I know that the guys and gals at the station will provide me with lots of help and support. I have heard several times that I am making a bad move because of the economy but you only get one life and I think that you should take every opportunity afforded to you. God has never let me starve or go without a roof over my head so I am putting my life in his hands. And who knows, this could be the beginning of something really really cool.
I am so stinking excited about the morning show that I don't know how to act. I love music, I love the radio and I love to talk so this job is PERFECT for me. Gary is such a nice guy and he is already giving me lots of advice. We will make an excellent team.
Taylor thinks it's pretty cool too! She is in Nashville right now at the CMA concerts. Her and her Daddy drove up yesterday and they are having a blast. I am a little jealous that I'm not with her, but I am happy that she is getting to have this experience. The list of country artists she is getting to see live in concert is as long as my arm. Right now she is watching Taylor Swift perform. She is texting me every few minutes :-) This is a memory she will have forever and ever and I am glad that she is getting to share it with her Dad so close to Father's Day.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am just beginning a new phase of my life so I thought a blog might be fun. We'll see :-) I am a mom to a wonderful daughter, a singer in a band and a lover of all things scrapbooking. Making things to share with friends, to mark a special occasion, or just becasue, is my way of giving a little bit of myself to those I love.

Followers

Blog Archive